Tuesday 3 May 2011

I like Things

G'day.

I'm going to start a thing, because I like things. Things are fun. So every time I post a blog, I'm gonna post my "song of the day" and my "picture of the day". Just things that amaze me, or inspire me, or make me happy, or sad, or make me think, and that I think are worth sharing. But first of all, here's my latest vlog...it's too big to post up here :(


It's not much, just clips of my Easter and of the Royal wedding weekend.

So I have an account on this website called Stumbleupon.com, and basically, you tell it what your favourite subjects are (ie humour, art, photography, music etc) and it takes you to random websites, that, otherwise, you may never have found before. This is SERIOUSLY addictive! You should totally check it out. I'm telling you about it, because that's how my photo of the day was found. And here it is...


The full story behind this photo can be found HERE, but, basically, some dead creative guys put a skin over a speaker, put blobs of paint on the skin, played sound through the speaker a took highspeed photos. Totally worth a look, there's more pictures and a video. I love creative minds!

Now on to my music of the day. This is kinda two pieces of music in one, cos, it's a massive orchestral piece, with choirs and shiz, and then a kinda remixxy version. It's called Requiem For a Tower, and it's a reworking of Requiem For a Dream by Clint Mansell, made for a Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers trailer. This version was done by some guys called Simone Benyacar, Daniel Nielsen and Veigar Margeirsson. It's tres bon! Check it!

And then there's the remixxy version, by Escala....Check it here!
Awesome no? Oh, and I guess you should hear Clint Mansell's original too. Here
I think it was written for the Requiem for a Dream film....I assume so.

Anyway, that's it for today guys, hope you enjoy my little gems. Until next time,

Adieu

x


No comments:

Post a Comment